Apply to the Business Growth Advisors (BGA) Development Programme where you can learn to become a technology or strategy advisor supporting the growth and sustainability of waste management and recycling businesses in Egypt!
What is the Business Growth Advisory (BGA) Development Programme?
The BGA Development Programme aims to train professionals to provide technology and strategy advisory services, to waste management businesses in Egypt. This six-month BGA Development Programme consists of:
Phase 1: (April – May 2018) “Building the Foundation”: Six-week intensive training sessions
• Hands-on workshops will be conducted that will cover diverse tools and topics relevant to growing waste management businesses, such as the newest developments in the waste management sector, waste management emerging technologies, as well as managerial, operational and financial decision making. The aim of phase 1 is not only to learn about the tools and topics, but also how to transfer this knowledge to growing waste management businesses during Phase 2.
Phase 2: (May – September 2018) “Experiential Learning”: Five-month training sessions, in which a selection of graduated BGAs apply the advisory services from Phase 1 to waste management businesses
• A selection of the best performing BGAs are given the opportunity to attend and put their knowledge gained from phase 1 to support the experts in advising the waste management businesses through an extensive 5-month Growth Management Programme that will be conducted with small growing waste management businesses.
• Access to business development opportunities through networking activities with key industry stakeholders. They will also have the opportunity to access business development opportunities through the investment and market-linkages event that will take place at the end of the Programme.
• The BGAs become registered advisors at Economic Compliance Office -Federation of Egyptian Industries (ECO-FEI) and get free access to environmental training services and business opportunities.
Who will implement the BGA Development Programme?
The BGA Development Programme is implemented by The National Solid Waste Management Programme (NSWMP), Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) Environmental Compliance and Sustainable Development Office (ECO-FEI) and Chemonics Egypt Consultants (CE) in association with Cleantech Arabia. The Programme is brought to you by a consortium of public and private sector partners with over 40 years of collective experience in sustainable development and environmental management. The Programme’s activities will be implemented by Chemonics Egypt Consultants (CE) in association with Cleantech Arabia that have 20+ years of experience in the waste management sector and in MSME development.
Who can apply?
If you have a minimum of five years of professional experience and have a technical background (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering etc.) or a business background (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Marketing etc.) then you are eligible!
Experience in Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) development and/or in the waste management sector is not mandatory but it is a bonus.
How to apply?
Please send your resume and a cover letter (Maximum one-page) in Arabic or English to Ms. Karina Boers (GIZ) firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: Ms. Irene Boghdadi (Chemonics Egypt Consultants (CE) – implementation partner) email@example.com
• Deadline for applying: March 20th, 2018
• The selection will take place by April 2018.
• Phase (1) will take place from April-May 2018.
• Phase (2) Selected individuals will be invited to put to practice their advisory skills during the growth management Programme that will target waste management businesses as well as to participate in networking events starting end of May until September 2018.
• The workshops will take place on a mix of full weekdays and weekends to accommodate for the schedules of the BGAs. All the workshops will take place in Cairo. The venue will be confirmed.
• Note: Travel and accommodation expenses from other governorates to and from Cairo are not covered.
Follow the upcoming posts for more information!