Construction of Sorting/transfer Station For Basion Markaz
- Daily transfer of waste from transfer station to prevent the waste accumulation in the city.
- Reduction of the transfer cost.
- RDF and recyclables to be recovered and sold
- Transfer of remaining materials only to treatment site.
- Protect the human health and environment from pollution.
Environmental and Social Impact
- Creating new jobs.
- Private sectors participation in the operation.
- Local manufactures of recycling plants.
- Receive waste from the city and villages in the Markaz.
- Construction of one transfer station for Basion Markaz.
- Basion Transfer Station with sorting: capacity of 15 tons/hour.
- The quantity of waste generated at Basion Markaz is 180 tons/day.
- The equipment required for Basion transfer station with sorting are 2 small loaders – 2 tractors with trailer. head of truck, trailer for transferring the RDF and fine line.
- Stationery equipment are conveyer, screen, wind shifter and hydraulic press.
- Civil work.
- The land in Basion city will be available after removing of the accumulations on site.
Problems to be Addressed
Reduction of quantity (and cost) of waste requiring disposal at Sadat landfill by: (i) increased recovery of resources; (ii) utilization of an efficient transfer station/long distance transport system.