Construction of Sorting/Transfer Station for Zifta Markaz
- Daily transfer of waste from transfer station to prevent the waste accumulation in the city.
- Reduction of the transfer cost.
- RDF and recyclables to be recovered and sold
- Transfer of remaining materials only to treatment site.
- Protect the human health and environment from pollution.
Environmental and Social Impact
- Creating new jobs.
- Private sectors participation in the operation.
- Local manufactures of recycling plants.
- Receive waste from the city and villages in the Markaz.
- Construction of one transfer station for Zifta Markaz; sorting capacity (recyclable materials and RDF) 20 tons /hour to meet waste generation of 280 tons/day.
- Required equipment includes two small loaders, two tractors with trailer and head of truck and trailer for transferring materials.
- Stationery equipment are conveyer, screen, wind shifter and hydraulic press.
- Civil works.
- The land in Zifta will be available after removing accumulations on site.
Problems to be Addressed
Reduction of quantity (and cost) of waste requiring disposal at Sadat landfill by: (i) increased recovery of resources; (ii) utilization of an efficient transfer station/long distance transport system.