Developing Difra Composting Plant To Improve Its Efficiency And Remove Accumulated Waste
- Reorganize facility to improve capacity for fermentation and maturation of the compost.
- Prevent the waste accumulation in the future.
- Increase utilization of waste by produce RDF, Recyclables and compost.
- Minimize the quantity of waste going to Sadat landfill.
- Protect the human health and environment from the pollution from the accumulated waste that has burned in the past.
- Create new jobs.
Environmental and Social Impact
- Creating new jobs.
- Private sectors participation in the operation.
- Local manufactures to modify the plants.
- Receive the waste from the city and villages in the Markaz.
- Utilization of waste treatment by produce RDF, Recyclables and compost.
- Maximize the utilization of Recyclables and RDF.
- Proper environmental operating reducing the cost of final disposal.
- Save space of land for fermentation and maturation of the compost.
- Developing Difra composting plant for raising its efficiency to achieve its design capacity of 1,280 t/day and enhance the quality of RDF.
- Waste accumulation removal to provide enough space for composting the accumulation whish are 20,000 t.
- The waste in the plant in the past was set on fire. Improve management to ensure that the environment and human health are not affected.
- Prepare procurement and tender document and implementation of the rehabilitation of Difra plant:
Rehabilitation of Difra Plant to raise the current capacity to the design capacity and enhance the quality of RDF as follows:
- 3 wind sifters
- Loader 2.5 m3
- Training program
- Repairing the equipment
- Waste accumulation removal to provide enough space for composting (20,000 t)
Problems to be Addressed
Reduction of threat to human health and the environment caused by accumulations that occur because actual processing capacity is below design capacity, resulting in accumulations of waste that threaten human health and the environment. Reduction of quantity (and cost) of waste requiring disposal at Sadat landfill by increased recovery of resources.