Construction Of Transfer Station For Samanoud Markaz
- Daily transfer of waste from transfer station to prevent the waste accumulation in the city.
- Reduction of the transfer cost.
- RDF and recyclables to be recovered and sold
- Transfer of remaining materials only to treatment site.
- Protect the human health and environment from pollution.
Environmental and Social Impact
- Creating new jobs.
- Private sectors participation in the operation.
- Local manufactures of recycling plants.
- Receive waste from the city and villages in the Markaz.
- Waste segregation into RDF, Recycling material, Organic material.
- Construction of one transfer station for Samanoud Markaz.
- Samanoud transfer station with sorting: capacity 15 tons /hour.
- The quantity of waste generated at Samanoud Markaz is 190 tons / day.
- The equipment required for Samanoud transfer station with sorting are 2 small loader – 2 tractor with trailer . head of truck and trailer for transferring the RDF.
- Stationery equipment are conveyer, screen, wind shifter and hydraulic press.
- Civil works.
- The land in Samanoud city will be available after removing accumulations on site.
Problems to be Addressed
Reduction of quantity (and cost) of waste requiring disposal at Sadat landfill by: (i) increased recovery of resources; (ii) utilization of an efficient transfer station/long distance transport system.