Developing Al-Mahala Composting Plant For Raising Its Efficiency
- Prevent the waste accumulation in the future.
- Reorganize facility to create increased capacity for fermentation and maturation of the compost.
- Utilization of waste by producing RDF, Recyclables and compost.
- Minimize the quantity of waste going to Sadat landfill.
Environmental and Social Impact
- Creating new jobs.
- Private sectors participation in the operation.
- Local manufactures to modify the plants.
- Receive the waste from the city and villages in the Markaz.
- Utilization of waste treatment by produce RDF, Recyclables and compost.
- Maximize the utilization of Recyclables and RDF.
- Proper environmental operating reducing the cost of final disposal.
- Save space of land for fermentation and maturation of the compost.
- Development of Al Mahla plant to increase its efficiency, capacity, and enhance the quality of RDF.
- Prepare procurement and tender document and implementation of the rehabilitation of Mahala plant
- Development Al Mahala Plant to raise the capacity of composting and enhance the quality of RDF as follows:
- 2 wind shifters
- 2 Loader 0.3 m3
- 2 lines for processing fines
Problems to be Addressed
Reduction of quantity (and cost) of waste requiring disposal at Sadat landfill by increased recovery of resources.